Saturday, August 1, 2009

Electrical Inspection Coming This Week


Well we did not have the electrical permit this week. Our electrician is still about one (1) to two (2) days of work remaining before calling. He told me that he was calling on the inspection Tuesday. We have our fingers crossed as it would be great to have lights and air conditioning. He did a lot of work this week as nearly all the faceplates are installed, all the interior lights are installed and he has rung out all the circuits. All the eve spot lights are installed and two (2) of the seven (7) exterior door lights have been installed.

Brent installed the range over the stove and it will need to wired. The only other items I can think that needs to be installed is the door bell, smoke and fire detectors and the five (5) remaining exterior door lights.
The two (2) pictures of the chandelier are the same fixture located in the dining room. Brent currently has the lighted raised near the ceiling to keep if from being damaged. The ceiling in the dining room is the original bead board. We do not have permanent power to the house but our electrician does has it arranged that we can power certain circuits with the temporary power. This has come in handy more than once.

Our granite counter guy came out measured and created the templates. He did tell Brent to lower the apron sink about 3/16" to be flush with the top of the cabinets, which was one (1) of the items Brent completed today. He also put some additional supports for the granite, installed the vent hood, and used the multi-max to remove mortar between the tiles in the downstairs shower. Lynn cleaned the tiles, also removed mortar, ran errands and was able to grout one (1) wall of the shower. It look great.

Jennifer and Jessica again joined our work force and painted the entire master bathroom, the trim on the window in the upstairs hall, the trim in the master bedroom and the trim in the master bathroom. It all looks great.

Cookie enjoyed herself and napped on the stack of wood flooring. We again are thankful to have a safe trip over and back. We did have an extra passenger with us today. A Secada rode on the passenger side mirror the entire 170 miles back and now call Gatlinburg, TN home. Brent removed him from the mirror and place him in the ivy on the retaining wall of the driveway. Jennifer took a picture of our hitchhiker before it became a permanent resident of Gatlinburg.

Our shout out today is to Anna S. and Rose H. of Opelousas, LA.

2 comments:

  1. Brent,
    I did help on Zelda this week! I loaned my big ladder to the electrician! It about killed him! He had to get the neighbor to help get it down after the last light and load it on the van. When he brought it back he showed me all his wounds. Hey, keep it up, and after the AC is on I MIGHT consider working over there again.

    See Ya Later,
    Your good for nothing whatever I am, Little Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. To The World,

    I am really not mad at Brent! If it wasn't for the storm that came through town I would be at Zelda trying to get it finished. I can't wait till the AC is on. I really am good for nothing, Brent doesn't pay me extra for my good behavior!!!! As for whatever I am, I was the roofer, siding guy, floor framer, sheetrocker, the trim carpenter, and one of the top producers of sweat (: sometimes I am even his friend :)!

    In all honesty, I must say Brent is a Good O'll Boy! He sure has been good to this family!

    Well I better get back to work,
    Little Ray

    ReplyDelete